- 2 lb beef roast chuck or pot roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10.5 oz beef broth low sodium
- 2 onions sliced
- 10.5 oz French onion soup canned
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 bell peppers sliced (yellow, red or green), optional
- 8 oz sliced provolone or American cheese
- 8 hoagie or sub rolls
Season beef with salt & pepper. Heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown beef on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
Add broth to the pan scraping up any brown bits. Add to the slow cooker with onions, onion soup, soy sauce, and garlic.
Cook on low 8 hours adding peppers during last 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Open sub rolls top with cheese on each side. Bake about 5 minutes or just until cheese is melted. Top with beef and peppers.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 931IU
Vitamin C: 91mg