- 1-1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes (or shredded)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dairy free for vegan bars)
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips in a food processor and process until it creates a dough that easily sticks together.
- Line a rectangle or square baking dish or Tupperware container with parchment paper so that the edges stick up above the rim—you’ll use the edges to pull out the block when frozen. (I used a glass dish that was about 8″x6″—anything close to these dimensions will work great.)
- Press dough into container.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or on the stove top using a double boiler. I just use a make-shift double boiler: fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat, then set a ceramic bowl inside—pour chocolate chips inside the bowl.
- Pour melted chocolate over the top of dough, using the back of a spoon to spread chocolate around so it covers the entire surface.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Use the edges of parchment paper to remove the frozen dough from the dish, then peel away.
- Use a serrated knife to cut block into 1 to 2-inch squares.
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator.