- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped red or green
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 cups brown lentils
- 19 ounce kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or vegetable or chicken broth
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
Cook onion and bell peppers until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook 1 minute more.
Add lentils, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer cook covered 25 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 1915IU
Vitamin C: 52mg