Pumpkin Risotto with Crispy Prosciutto Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Pumpkin Risotto with Crispy Prosciutto" recipe we have found so far.
Pumpkin Risotto with Crispy Prosciutto
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 850g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, sliced in half and cut lengthways into slices
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly sliced
- A few fresh sage leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 150g butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 75ml white wine
- 150g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat an oven to 220°C / 450°F. Peel and gut the pumpkin and cut into slices. Place the pumpkin on a roasting tray with the garlic, sage, salt, pepper and half the olive oil, then toss together. Cover with tin foil and bake until soft for about 50 minutes. Ten minutes before the pumpkin is ready, remove from the oven, lay the pancetta over the pumpkin and place bake in the oven until crisp. Meanwhile in a separate pot, gently heat the chicken stock.
- Melt 75g of the butter and the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan, then gently fry the onion until soft for about 15 minutes. Add the rice & garlic and stir through until the rice is totally coated with the onion mix, about a minute. Once coated, add the white wine to the rice and onion mix and cook for another minute to deglaze the pan.
- Slowly add enough hot stock to cover the rice and simmer, while stirring, until the rice has absorbed nearly all the liquid. Continue to add a little more stock at a time until it is all absorbed. This should take about 15 minutes, until the rice has a creamy coating.
- Add the remaining butter, roast pumpkin and parmesan. Gently stir through. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Pumpkin Risotto with Crispy Prosciutto