Rhubarb Chutney Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Rhubarb Chutney" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon red food colouring, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, red pepper flakes and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb, onion and raisins. Cook and stir over medium heat until rhubarb is tender and the mixture is slightly thickened 5-10 minutes. Stir in food colouring if desired. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Rhubarb Chutney