Ginger Peanut Tofu Curry Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Ginger Peanut Tofu Curry" recipe we have found so far.
Ginger Peanut Tofu Curry
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 3.5 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 200g | 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 40g | large thumb-size piece ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g tin of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs natural peanut butter
- 375ml | 1.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed and shredded (or other leafy greens)
- Fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) and cooked rice, to serve.
- Set your oven to 220C.
- On a lined baking tray, toss your tofu with 1/2 tbs of olive oil and 1/4 tsp of salt. Spread out in a single layer and bake for 30 min, till golden and crisp – tossing halfway through.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, fry the mustard seeds in the remaining olive oil till starting to pop – 1-2 min. Add the onion and cook till soft and starting to colour – 5 min. Stir in the ginger, garlic, spices and remaining salt and cook for a further minute till fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and peanut butter, stir till combined and then mix in the stock. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer, cooking uncovered for 10 mins or so, till it is a rich sauce. (I let the curry simmer till the tofu is done baking).
- Stir in the tofu and spinach and cook for a couple more minutes till the spinach has wilted and tofu slightly softened – 2 min. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander and alongside some steamed rice or flatbread.
Note: Will keep airtight refrigerated up till 5 days. Though tofu will lose some texture, it will still taste delicious.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Ginger Peanut Tofu Curry