Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup" recipe we have found so far.
Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 boneless beef chuck eye roast (2 lb.), trimmed, cut into 8 pieces
- 2-1/2 qt. (10 cups) fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 carrots, cut into 4×1/4-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 lb. red potato (about 3), peeled, cut into 4×1/4-inch pieces
- 2 turnip s, cut into wedges
- 1 can (15 oz.) hominy, drained
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1-Place meat in stockpot. Add broth; bring to boil on medium-high heat. Cover; simmer on low heat 1 hour, skimming surface occasionally.
2-Cook carrots, onions, jalapeño peppers and crushed red pepper in dressing in large skillet on medium heat 10 min., stirring occasionally. Add to ingredients in stockpot; stir. Add all remaining ingredients except mint; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min. or just until potatoes are tender. (Do not overcook.)
3-Spoon 1 piece of meat in each of 8 bowls. Ladle broth and vegetables over meat. Sprinkle with mint.
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g13%
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 34g12%
Dietary Fibers 6g21%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup