Superfood Salad with Citrus Dressing Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Superfood Salad with Citrus Dressing" recipe we have found so far.
Superfood Salad with Citrus Dressing
Recipe Yields: 6
Ingredient Tags: avacado baby spinach Basil cooked quinoa coriander dijon mustard extra-virgin rapeseed oil frozen soya bean lemon (zest and juice) mint orange (zest and juice) parsley pomegranate seeds pumpkin seed purple sprouting broccoli white wine vinegar
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 250g purple sprouting broccoli, cut in half (or into bite-sized chunks)
- 175g frozen soya bean
- 2 ripe avocados
- 250g pouch cooked quinoa
- 100g bag baby spinach
- handful soft herbs (parsley, basil, coriander or mint all work well), chopped
- 100g tub pomegranate seeds
- 100g bag pumpkin seed, toasted in a dry pan until they pop
For the citrus dressing
- zest and juice 1 lemon or lime
- zest and juice 1 orange
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (or gluten-free alternative)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin rapeseed oil
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and fill a large bowl with ice-cold water. Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for 2 mins, then add the soya beans and cook for 1-2 mins more until the broccoli is cooked but still has a bite. Drain and drop the vegetables straight into the cold water – this quickly cools them, retaining their bite and bright colour. Leave for 1-2 mins until cool, then drain and leave in the colander while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Dry the large bowl. Add the dressing ingredients with some seasoning and whisk together. Halve, stone and peel the avocados, then cut into chunky dice and add straight to the dressing (this will stop the avocado turning brown). Add the quinoa, spinach, herbs, half the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds, and the cooked vegetables to the bowl, and gently toss everything together. Transfer the salad to a serving platter, scatter with the remaining seeds and serve. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for lunch the next day.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Superfood Salad with Citrus Dressing