Sweet Onion Casserole Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Sweet Onion Casserole" recipe we have found so far.
Sweet Onion Casserole
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- cooking spray or oil mister
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 c. chopped Vidalia, Walla-Walla or other sweet onion (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 c. brown rice, cooked according to package
- 1/3 c. 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 c. shredded smoked Swiss cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir rice and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) into onions. Spoon onion mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and broil for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown. Top with parsley.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Sweet Onion Casserole