Tom Yum Blooming Onion Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Tom Yum Blooming Onion " recipe we have found so far.
Tom Yum Blooming Onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 3 medium onions, peeled
- 2 stalks dried lemongrass
- 6 dried kaffir Lime leaves
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 50g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 100ml milk
- Sunflower oil, for frying
For the sauce:
- 150ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp tom yum past
- Sea salt
- Blend the lemongrass in a mini blender with the lime leaves until a fine powder. Tip into a wide bowl and stir together with the garlic powder and flour.
- For the onions: With the root still in tact trim a little off the other end to give you a flat surface, and trim a little off the top of the onions. Place the onions on a chopping board with the cut side facing you. Cut incisions into the onion half an inch from the root, start with quarters and then two incisions between each one. Repeat with the other two onions.
- Using your hands gently toss the onions in the flour mixture making sure to gently pull apart the petals and get the flour into each layer and around the outside. Next, whisk the eggs and milk in another bowl and tip the onions into it, spooning the egg mixture over the onion to get into each layer and then repeat into the flour. Place into the freezer on a small tray for at least two hours or until solid.
- Once frozen, add oil to a saucepan half way full with sunflower oil and heat to 180°C/350°f. Gently immerse the onions, one by one, into the hot oil, cook for 3-4 minutes until golden, flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove with the petals facing down to allow the oil to drip off and then drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- For the sauce: Add the coconut cream and tom yum paste to a small saucepan, whisk to combine and simmer for 3-4 minutes until thickened. Serve alongside the onions, tear off pieces of the onion and dip into the sauce.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Tom Yum Blooming Onion