Vegetable Barley Soup Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Vegetable Barley Soup" recipe we have found so far.
Vegetable Barley Soup
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 14.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large potato cubed or sweet potato
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn defrosted
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cups beef broth or vegetable broth
Combine all ingredients in a 6qt slow cooker except tomatoes.
Cook on low 7-8 hour or on high 3-4 hours until barley is tender.
Add tomatoes with juices 30 minutes before serving.
Discard bay leaf, season with salt & pepper to taste, garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 2868IU
Vitamin C: 41mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Vegetable Barley Soup