- 6 oz bacon chopped, browned
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted (or sunflower seeds)
- 1 lb broccoli crowns (2 medium heads) cut into small florets
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes (seedless), halved
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or added to taste
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Brown bacon in a skillet then remove to a plate using a slotted spoon. In a separate, dry skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden and fragrant, tossing often (3 minutes), then transfer to a plate.
In a medium bowl, combine chopped broccoli, sliced cucumber, halved grapes, diced onion, browned bacon and toasted pine nuts.
In a separate small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of mayo, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and mix well.
Mix the dressing into the salad & serve.
Nutrition FactsCalories 265 Calories from Fat 171% Daily Value*Fat 19g 29%Saturated Fat 3g 19%Cholesterol 8mg 3%Sodium 809mg 35%Potassium 391mg 11%Carbohydrates 17g 6%Fiber 3g 13%Sugar 10g 11%Protein 9g 18%Vitamin A 534IU 11%Vitamin C 72mg 87%Calcium 43mg 4%Iron 1mg 6%