Best Caprese Salad Recipe? Are you wondering how to prepare Caprese Salad? Which Caprese Salad recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Caprese Salad.
Caprese Salad Recipe Info
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Caprese Salad Recipe
- 3 tomatoes, about 3-inches in diameter
- 1 pound
- , (454g) about 3-inches sized mozzarella balls
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, (240ml)
- 2 tablespoons honey, (30ml)
- 12 large basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
- Black pepper, for seasoning
- Add balsamic vinegar and honey to a small saucepan, stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer over medium-low heat with some bibbling.
Reduce the sauce to about 1/4 to ⅓ cup, about 20 to 25 minutes.fresh Allow balsamic reduction to slightly cool. It should have a maple syrup consistency when cooled.
The reduction will thicken as it cools, if needed add some warm water and heat over low to make the sauce less thick. For a thicker sauce reduce to ¼ cup.
Cut mozzarella into 12 slices, about ¼-inch in thickness.
Cut tomatoes into 12 slices, about ¼-inch in thickness
Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves, overlapping on a platter.
Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle salad with balsamic reduction, or serve on the side.
- Pure maple syrup can be substituted for honey in the balsamic vinegar reduction.
- If the balsamic reduction gets overly reduced and too thick to drizzle once slightly cooled, and a small amount of warm water to adjust the thickness. Reheat over low heat for a few minutes if needed.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Jessica Gavin Recipe