- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 cups chicken or pork or beef, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup oil for frying or to brush with
- Place salsa in a fine strainer and let any juices drip away.
- Combine chicken, salsa, cheese and taco seasoning.
- Place tortillas on a plate, top with a damp paper towel and microwave 40 seconds or until warm.
- Place 2 tablespoons filling on each tortilla and roll tightly. Secure with a toothpick and place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Brush each taquito with olive oil or vegetable oil.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crisp.
Preheat oil over medium-high heat (350°F).
Panfry taquitos until crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
Drain on paper towels.
Saturated Fat: 3g
Vitamin A: 199IU
Vitamin C: 1mg