- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, ghee or grape seed oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons curry paste, Patak’s Mild Paste or similar recommended
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, cut into small 1-inch sized pieces
- 15 1/2 ounces chickpeas, drained, (1 can)
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk, (1 can)
- 1 1/2 cups water, plus more as need
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces baby spinach, about 4 cups
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 cups basmati rice, cooked
- naan bread, (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large deep pan over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic, sauté over medium low heat for 10 minutes until soft and lightly colored.
When the onions are tender, add the 4 tablespoons of curry paste, cooking and stirring for one minute.
Add squash, cauliflower, chickpeas, coconut milk, water, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered until the squash and cauliflower are tender, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes.
Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning as needed. If the sauce is too thick, add more water until desired consistency is reached.
Stir in the peas, spinach and cilantro leaves. Cook over low heat until spinach has gently wilted.
Serve with basmati rice and naan bread, enjoy!
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Sodium 940mg 39%
Potassium 608mg 17%
Carbohydrates 73g 24%
Fiber 12g 48%
Sugar 11g 12%
Protein 18g 36%
Vitamin A 11000IU 220%
Vitamin C 174.1mg 211%
Calcium 120mg 12%
Iron 3.1mg 17%