Breakfast Tacos Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Breakfast Tacos" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 small flour or corn tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (or milk), plus more for serving if desired
- Two dashes of hot sauce, such as Cholula, plus more for serving if desired
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced vegetables* (I used a mix of purple cabbage, red bell pepper, and carrot)
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup shredded or crumbled cheese, optional (cheddar, Cotija, feta, goat, even mozzarella)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- Suggested garnishes (choose a few): Chopped fresh cilantro, hot sauce or salsa or pico de gallo, strips of avocado or guacamole, diced tomato or sliced cherry tomatoes, sour cream
- Warm the tortillas: You can do this in a large skillet over medium heat in batches, flipping to warm each side. Alternatively, you can warm them directly over a low flame on a gas range. Or, just microwave them in a stack for about 15 to 20 seconds. Stack the warmed tortillas and wrap them with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork until the mixture is combined and pure yellow. Add the sour cream or milk, a couple of dashes of hot sauce, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Whisk to combine, then place the bowl near the stove for later.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add the vegetables, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and the chili powder and cumin. Stir to combine, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender throughout (about 5 minutes), dialing down the heat to medium-low after a few minutes have passed. Once cooked, transfer the vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove over medium-low heat, and melt the remaining ½ tablespoon butter. Pour in the egg mixture. Use a spatula to gently stir and push the eggs around the skillet until the eggs are clumpy but still slightly wet, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the cheese (if using) and green onion, and gently stir to combine.
- Assemble your tacos by spooning scrambled eggs down the length of a tortilla, topping with some cooked veggies, and your garnishes of choice. Enjoy warm. Leftover tacos will keep fairly well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days; gently reheat before serving.
Source: Cookie and Kate
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cookie+Kate