Best Machaca Wraps Recipe? Are you wondering how to prepare Machaca Wraps? Which Machaca Wraps recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Machaca Wraps.
Machaca Wraps Recipe Info
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Machaca Wraps Recipe
- 3 Pound Chuck Roast
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 15 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Bell Peppers, sliced
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 Jalapeños, sliced
- Juice of Two Large Limes
In a small bowl mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
Season the roast evenly with the spice mixture. Cover the roast with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the roast and sear until browned on all sides.
Add the roast to the crockpot. Pour over the diced tomatoes, broth, bell pepper onion, jalapenos, then squeeze over the lime juice.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve immediately with your favorite toppings! This meat is great for nachos, burritos, tacos, or salad!
- You’ll start with a 3-4 pound chuck roast. Lay it out flat on a cutting board lined with a large piece of plastic wrap.
- In a small bowl, whisk your seasonings. Season the roast as evenly as possible and use your hands to massage the seasoning into the roast until really well coated on all sides.
- Now, this is important for the best flavor. Wrap the beef up tightly in the plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a good 8-24 hours before cooking. You can cook it right away if you’re short on time, but it’s not quite the same.
- After you have let your roast marinate, heat your vegetable oil in a large skillet. Sear the roast on all sides until you have a nice “crust” this will take just a few minutes per side, and the roast won’t be cooked all the way through. Again, it might be tempting to make things a little faster and skip the searing, but you want to do this for max flavor!
- Add your meat to the slow cooker and pour in your beef broth, add your veggies, tomatoes, and squeeze over the juice of two limes.
- Cover and cook this on low for 8-10 hours until nice and tender and easy to shred. I don’t recommend cooking this on high, it doesn’t get as tender.
More Chicken & Beef Recipes
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on The Salty Marshmallow