Mushroom and Ricotta Filo Crackers Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Mushroom and Ricotta Filo Crackers" recipe we have found so far.
Mushroom and Ricotta Filo Crackers
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 125g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 65g ricotta
- 15g pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 sheets of filo pastry
- 40g butter, melted, for brushing
- 36 chives, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat and cook the shallot for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the garlic for the final 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chopped mushrooms and thyme. Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are nicely browned. Tip into a medium bowl and leave to cool. Add the ricotta and pine nuts to the bowl and mix to combine. Season lightly.
- Roll out a sheet of filo pastry and brush with butter. Divide it into three lengthways, then cut it in half widthways, so you have 6 rectangles. Place 1 tbsp of the filling at one short end of a rectangle, then roll up the pastry. Pinch the ends to form a cracker shape. Repeat the same process with the remaining filling and sheets of filo.
- Place the parcels on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Brush with remaining butter and bake them for 15 minutes until golden. Once cooled slightly, tie chives around the ends to decorate.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Mushroom and Ricotta Filo Crackers