Best Ricotta-Stuffed French Toast Recipe? Are you wondering how to prepare Ricotta-Stuffed French Toast? Which Ricotta-Stuffed French Toast recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Ricotta-Stuffed French Toast.
Ricotta-Stuffed French Toast Recipe Info
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Ricotta-Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- Zest from 1 lemon (about 3 teaspoons)
- 8 slices brioche or challah bread (about ¾-inch thick)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 cups fresh mixed berries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
1. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta with the lemon zest. Spread the ricotta evenly on one side of each bread slice, then close to form four sandwiches.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the cream with the eggs, cinnamon and cardamom. Pour the mixture into a large shallow baking pan and soak the sandwiches for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the berries with the sugar and bring to a simmer. Cook until warmed through and juicy, about 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and cover to keep warm.
4. In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Remove two sandwiches from the baking pan and cook until warmed through and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sandwiches.
5. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and divide among four serving plates. Top with the whipped cream, reserved berries and a drizzle of maple syrup. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on PureWow