- 1/2 cup peanut butter, or almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, or honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond meal, or almond flour
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup whole flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour, or all-purpose flour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped (optional for coating)
In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and salt on medium speed until combined, 30 seconds.
In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients; oats, almond meal, oat bran, flaxseed, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cranberries.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined, 30 seconds.
Roll mixture into firmly packed balls about a heaping tablespoon in size and place on a sheet pan.
If desired, prepare the nut coating. In a blender, chop almonds into small pieces and transfer to a small bowl.
Roll each snack bite into the almonds, gently pressing to coat.
Refrigerate tray of snack bites for 30 minutes.
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g
Sodium 27mg 1%
Potassium 28mg 1%
Carbohydrates 10g 3%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 5g 6%
Protein 2g 4%
Calcium 10mg 1%
Iron 0.7mg 4%