- 2 tablespoons olive oil, (30ml)
- 1 cup diced yellow onion, (138g, 4 ¾ ounces) ¼-inch dice
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper, (138g, 4 ¾ ounces) ½-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g, ¼ ounce)
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno, (3g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (5g)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, (8g, ¼ ounce)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, (4g)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, (1g)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, (2g)
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels, (145g, 5 ounces) fresh, canned or frozen
- 15 ounces canned red kidney beans, (425g) drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, (425g) drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned black beans, (425g) drained and rinsed
- 19 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes, (822g) plus juice
- 16 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth, (240ml)
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, once hot add the onions, bell pepper, jalapenos, and salt. Cook until the vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, chipotle chili powder, and black pepper, cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the corn, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, and diced tomatoes, stir to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce and vegetable broth. Stir the chili and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until the chili is slightly thickened about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chili in individual serving bowls and add desired toppings.
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Sodium 1204mg 50%
Potassium 728mg 21%
Carbohydrates 38g 13%
Fiber 12g 48%
Sugar 7g 8%
Protein 11g 22%
Vitamin A 1068IU 21%
Vitamin C 11mg 13%
Calcium 101mg 10%
Iron 4mg 22%