For sauteing the mushroom
- 30 g Enoki mushrooms
- 30 g Shimeiji mushrooms
- 30 g Shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
- 15 g butter
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
To assemble the salad
- 100 g of Lettuce of your choice, e.g. butterhead, Romaine
- 15 ml Tonkatsu sauce
- 15 ml Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices Japanese cucumbers
- Purple cabbage, shredded
- Carrot, shredded
- Japanese fried garlic, optional
For the mushroom
- Cut the enoki mushroom about 2.5cm from the roots.
- Cut the shmeiji mushroom about 2cm from the roots.
- Cut the shitake mushroom into thin slices.
- Heat up the butter in a wok or pan.
- Saute the mushrooms with salt and pepper until fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce to the mushrooms. Dish out.
To Assemble to salad
- Place the lettuce at the centre of a plate.
- Add the sauteed mushroom on top of the lettuce.
- Squeeze about one tablespoon each of tonkatsu sauce and Japanese mayonnaise on the mushrooms and lettuce.
- Arrange the Japanese cucumber and cherry at the side of the plate.
- Garnish with shredded carrot and purple cabbage.
- Top with katsuobushi.
- Serve with some fried garlic (optional).