Japanese Style Mushroom Salad Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Japanese Style Mushroom Salad" recipe we have found so far.
Japanese Style Mushroom Salad
Recipe Yields: 1
Ingredient Tags: Black Pepper Butter Carrot cherry tomatoes enoki mushroom Japanese cucumbers Japanese fried garlic (optional) Japanese mayonnaise Japanese soy sauce Katsuobushi lettuce purple cabbage Shimeiji mushroom Shitake mushroom Tonkatsu sauce
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For sauteing the mushroom
- 30 g Enoki mushrooms
- 30 g Shimeiji mushrooms
- 30 g Shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
- 15 g butter
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
To assemble the salad
- 100 g of Lettuce of your choice, e.g. butterhead, Romaine
- 15 ml Tonkatsu sauce
- 15 ml Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices Japanese cucumbers
- Purple cabbage, shredded
- Carrot, shredded
- Japanese fried garlic, optional
For the mushroom
- Cut the enoki mushroom about 2.5cm from the roots.
- Cut the shmeiji mushroom about 2cm from the roots.
- Cut the shitake mushroom into thin slices.
- Heat up the butter in a wok or pan.
- Saute the mushrooms with salt and pepper until fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce to the mushrooms. Dish out.
To Assemble to salad
- Place the lettuce at the centre of a plate.
- Add the sauteed mushroom on top of the lettuce.
- Squeeze about one tablespoon each of tonkatsu sauce and Japanese mayonnaise on the mushrooms and lettuce.
- Arrange the Japanese cucumber and cherry at the side of the plate.
- Garnish with shredded carrot and purple cabbage.
- Top with katsuobushi.
- Serve with some fried garlic (optional).
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Japanese style mushroom salad