Sambar Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Sambar" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 250g red or yellow lentil
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground asafoetida
- ½ tsp ground fenugreek
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 7 small dried red chillies
- 140g green bean, trimmed and cut in half
- Place the lentils in a large pan with 400ml water. Add turmeric and tamarind and boil for 25-30 mins until very soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallots for 8-10 mins. When softened, add the spices, curry leaves, chillies and a good pinch of salt. Cook for another 2 mins, until fragrant.
- Boil another pan of salted water and cook the beans for 4 mins until tender, then drain well.
- Once the lentils are cooked, add the shallot spice mix and the beans, stir well and add more seasoning if necessary.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Sambar