- 1 pound Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 carrot chopped
- 3 cups beef broth or chicken broth
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juices
- 15 ounces canned white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
Brown sausage and onion in a large pot until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until carrot is tender and flavors have blended.
Discard bay leaf and serve.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
Saturated Fat: 9g
Vitamin A: 1871IU
Vitamin C: 11mg