- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Grease a baking sheet.
- Slice the tofu and polenta into slabs of equal thickness; brush with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Cook the tofu and polenta under the preheated broiler until the tops are crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bananas in the oil until crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside, about 5 minutes. Remove the bananas from the oil and set aside.
- Pour the entire can of black beans into a blender and blend until a thick sauce forms.
- Stir the mango, diced onion, jalapeno pepper, and salt together in a small bowl.
- To build the arepas, place a slice of polenta on each of four plates and top each with first about 1/4 of the bean sauce, then a piece of tofu, a few slices of banana, some avocado, and finishing with about 1/4 of the mango salsa.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 48 %
Cholesterol: 0 %
Sodium: 24 %
Potassium: 31 %
Total Carbohydrates: 21 %
Dietary Fiber: 61 %
Protein: 27 %