Vegan Arepas Made with Polenta Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Vegan Arepas Made with Polenta" recipe we have found so far.
Vegan Arepas Made with Polenta
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Grease a baking sheet.
- Slice the tofu and polenta into slabs of equal thickness; brush with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Cook the tofu and polenta under the preheated broiler until the tops are crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bananas in the oil until crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside, about 5 minutes. Remove the bananas from the oil and set aside.
- Pour the entire can of black beans into a blender and blend until a thick sauce forms.
- Stir the mango, diced onion, jalapeno pepper, and salt together in a small bowl.
- To build the arepas, place a slice of polenta on each of four plates and top each with first about 1/4 of the bean sauce, then a piece of tofu, a few slices of banana, some avocado, and finishing with about 1/4 of the mango salsa.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 48 %
Cholesterol: 0 %
Sodium: 24 %
Potassium: 31 %
Total Carbohydrates: 21 %
Dietary Fiber: 61 %
Protein: 27 %
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Vegan Arepas Made with Polenta